Wednesday 3 December 2014

Wakeup Copenhagen at Christmas Review

Hello Sweeties, 

As you probably know I had the pleasure to stay in Denmark recently, and I had the pleasure of staying in the Wakeup Carsten hotel in Copenhagen.

The hotel is centrally located and you can walk to the city centre in about 10 minutes.  I love not having to rely on public transport abroad - especially when I can't speak Danish....and secondly because you get to explore so much of the city.



Here is the exact room I stayed in, though this photo is taken from their stock pictures.  They have neat, compact rooms with a self contained bathroom.  Although they are not the largest of rooms, they are comfortable, warm and extremely tidy.

If you're not looking to break the bank when in Copenhagen, then this is a great hotel as it is so close to the centre and yet clean, tidy and great to relax in.

My view didn't seem exactly like the one in the photo above, it was the one below.... but still beautiful as I could admire the whole city from the 5th floor and at night it was lit up beautifully.  The hotel is just down the road from Tivoli so you can watch the lit up rides at night and makes the view really special.

Just a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel is the central square with the amazing Scandinavian shops and large Christmas tree.  During my stay at Hotel Wakeup I was lucky enough to time it perfectly with the turning on of the Christmas tree lights.  It is such a magical city and aboslute wonderful to get you in the spirit of Christmas.

Do remember to wrap up warm though if you go - as you can see in the picture below I took it a bit to the extreme with fur coat and scarf but in December, it can reach zero!


I hope I've inspired you do take a little jaunt to Copenhagen, if you stay in a hotel like the Wakeup, you can have a lovely enjoyable trip without it costing the earth.

Lots of love
Fiocco Bianco

No comments:

Post a Comment

=