Sunday 9 November 2014

OOTD for Sushi Samba - Silk blue floor length dress

Hey lovely ladies, 

Here is my outfit of the day - it's more elegant than I normally wear as it was a special occasion - going to Sushi Samba in London.  It is a bespoke dress made to measure by an Italian little known stylist - I'd been saving it for a special occasion and I thought  Sushi Samba would have been the perfect occasion - however, as you'll see later I was so so disappointed!

The dress 

The dress is delicate floor length and elegant with a simple high neck and jeweled detail.  It is fitted on the waist with a with a ribbon belt with the same jeweled details and with low cut sleeves. I love the petrol blue of this dress as the colour is so strong it matches the dresses simple detail.  I think this sort of design is perfect for Christmas parties with its jazzy jewels and strong colour, to make a change  of the little black dress.








 Sorry for the blurry last image....they all came out like that but I wanted to show you how long it was!

The dress is in a fine silk and I matched it with a simple Zara leather jacket.

And how was Sushi Samba?????

 Sushi Samba was so cold I had to leave my jacket on all evening. They also didn't bring our drinks until 5 minutes after the food had arrived.

 As for the food - I was so disappointed.  I inquired about the Moqueca Mista and asked if it came with sauce or not - and the waitress didn't seem to understand me.  It turns out that this sharing plate is in fact pints of sickly sweet sauce and with just one prawn and some scarce scatterings of mussels There's also overcooked bright green rice in the middle.  I know I'm spoiled having my other half who is a chef, however, I think anybody would have returned this dish.  I complained about it and the waitress didn't understand, smiled and waltzed off.

We ended up spending a fortune there and didn't enjoy unfortunately, despite it being an anniversary celebration....oh well....... maybe I'll have better luck next time

Fiocco xxxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

=