Saturday 2 November 2013

The Benefits of Samples Sales - Chanel Mat Lumiere Foundation

This is a post that I've been umming and ahhing about for a while.  It's about sample sales.  Because, lets face it, it is a bit embarrassing to post about cheap products that you've managed to get  your hands on!

But here we go!  I was at one of my favorite little boutique makeup shops in Italy (if you get the chance to go there its called Via Mancini 55) where the lovely owner does some great sample sales so you can 'try before you buy'.  I snapped up this Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation for a bargain.  These sorts of sample sales are great because it is a great way of trying out an expensive product to see if you like it.

Review

Unfortunately though, this Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation wasn't for me.  The coverage was too heavy, the colour was far too orange and it was extremely drying to the skin.  Surprisingly, this Chanel foundation goes thick and clumpy in the bottle very quickly and as for the finished result: I looked far to caked in makeup and it wasn't natural.  
But do you know what, I'm still happy I bought it as it meant I didn't fork out on the real thing!

Have you guys ever had a great or terrible makeup find in one of these sorts of sample sales? Let me know!

Fyi....My firm favorite in the foundation world remains YVES SAINT LAURENT teint touch eclat!


1 comment:

=