Tuesday 18 June 2013

Review: Perricone MD Chia Serum

Just the other day I found myself in Sephora (how unusual) and instead of my usual B-line towards the makeup I thought I'd have a look at the beauty creams.  I saw a brand called Perricone MD which I had seen raved about on other beauty blogs but until then hadn't seen in the shops.  Kindly, and coincidentally, that same week Perricone MD gifted me their Chia Serum.

So here is my review:


What is it?

This serum is an anti-ageing serum made from the ancient anti-ageing super food, the Chia.  At 24, this is my first ever anti-ageing serum, and I can't wait to see what its like.

First impressions - 

You know when you open a product and BAM you smell it and just want to eat it? Well that's the Chia Serum.  It reminds me of almonds, just pure deliciousness.  The glass bottle and glass pipette also add to the the luxury feel of this product, so on first impressions I was won over.



Product Benefits - 

Chia oil is combined with 5 essential oils that hydrate the skin and protects against oxidative damage whilst smoothing fine lines.

Results: I have oily skin so I was wary that it would be too much for my skin type.  However, it left my skin feeling silky smooth and hydrated. I can only imagine how great this would be for people with dry skin.

I also have a few furrow lines on my forehead, and after I put my makeup on they were visibly smoothed. (This is great news!)



Product negatives - 

A lot goes a long way.  It says to use one to three drops and I doubled that so it took a long time to smooth in.

Though this was great for smoothing out my fine lines, I'm not sure how much it would transform more ingrained wrinkles.

 Results:

9/10

Though I was gifted this item, I would repurchase it.  You can get it from their site (link) or Sephora. Apart from the amazing smell I feel like this is a great product for people in their 20s and 30s who want to start protecting their skin early.  A couple of drops can also be used on top of your makeup as a finisher - and as you can see in the photos is added a nice glow to my cheeks.

Have you guys tried Perricone MD Chia serum or would you recommend anything else from the range?







No comments:

Post a Comment

=